The Partners Council is currently recruiting for the newly established position of Provincial Coordinator – Physical Activity, Training and Development. Reporting to the Director of Healthy Living, the primary role of the provincial coordinator is to support the expansion of the Aboriginal Healthy Living Activities as outlined in British Columbia’s new Physical Activity Strategy -“Active People, Active Places”. As a member of the Partner’s Council Healthy Living Team, this position will advance the organization’s objectives of increasing participation in physical activity and physical literacy programming in First Nations, Metis Chartered Communities, Friendship Centres, and schools, developing enhanced training and mentorship opportunities, and creating new and innovative training methods, resources and tools.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will possess an extensive background in physical activity program development, a strong understanding of physical literacy, experience in partnership development and the design and delivery of culturally relevant programs and resources that promote healthy active lifestyles. Other qualifications include:
• Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline
• Experience working in the area of physical activity and healthy living program development
• Applied knowledge of BC’s Aboriginal communities and their physical activity and health related needs
• Extensive project and event management experience with a demonstrated ability to multitask
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule and available to travel throughout the Province
• Successfully undergo criminal record and vulnerable sector checks
The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) serves as the official Host Agency of the Partners Council. Accordingly, the Provincial Coordinator – Physical Activity, Training and Development will be employed by the BCAAFC.
Term: Full-time employment contingent on annual funding
Salary: Commensurate with experience (includes a comprehensive health benefits package)
Location: Office space will be established in a location central to the successful candidate
TO APPLY: Please complete the online application form at https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/employment-application, where you can upload your cover letter, resume and three references (name and contact info) in the fields provided no later than 4:00 pm, Friday, September 9th, 2016. Address your cover letter to attention of Robynne Edgar, Director of Healthy Living.
All applications are appreciated. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.