BC Soccer FUNdamentals Coach Development with Kwakiutl First Nation
Coaches have a profound impact on our children. They are mentors, motivators, and leaders. It’s a great responsibility and Canada’s 2,000,000 coaches embrace it with passion and incredible dedication. It is that dedication that has motivated millions of coaches to get trained in their sport with Canada’s world renowned National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
The Canadian Soccer Association’s NCCP workshops will give you the confidence to succeed. When you take one of our workshops, you’ll not only gain sport-specific technical abilities, but also mentoring and decision-making skills that will enable you to make an immediate impact when you hit the field to coach.
• How to develop the ABCs of movement: Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed
• Running a practice session that is fun, safe and keeps children actively engaged
• Learn to explain the FUNdamentals of a game in a way that children can understand
• Learn how to communicate to this specific age group.
• You will be provided with effective practice plans that will make preparing for the season easier and will help you make a difference with your team.
What to expect:
• FUNdamentals is a 7 hour interactive workshop led by an expert facilitator with years of experience coaching soccer.
• You’ll spend time in the classroom and on the field practicing drills.
• There are vibrant deliberations regarding parent management and guidance on all safety requirements.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, March 7th 2020
9am to 5pm
Registration is open to coaches, community leaders (aged 16+) who work directly with Indigenous youth
Please do the following 3 steps BEFORE completing the I·SPARC Registration form:
1. Go to:
Create an account to recieve your NCCP number (National Coaching Certification Program – Coaching Association of Canada)
2. Go to
Create your profile which includes your NCCP number
3. Register for the course at www.coachcentre.ca using your profile
I·SPARC Registration Form: https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.com/forms/z1dabjrz0jsvm2h/
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: SUNDAY, MARCH 1ST (5PM)
116 Eagle Place
Port Hardy BC, V0N 2P0
REGISTRATION INQUIRIES & SUPPORT
Child & Youth Worker
Vancouver Island Regional Coordinator, Sport Development