The Indigenous Communities: Active for Life resource and accompanying full-day workshop were created with guidance from Indigenous leaders throughout the country, with the purpose of inspiring community leaders looking for culturally tailored resources that act as a vehicle toward individual and community holistic development.
The resource and workshop supports these individual champions as they embark on a journey to develop sustainable quality sport and physical activity programs, build collaborative relationships, and re-engage their community members into active and healthy lifestyles.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will have:
- Ideas on how to create quality experiences in their sport, physical activity, and recreation programs
- An understanding of physical literacy, which is the development of movement skills, confidence, and motivation to be active for life
- Tools, resources, and action plans to further support their delivery of quality sport and physical activity programs in their community
- Ideas to support their participants’ physical, mental, spiritual, and cultural needs
- A certificate of workshop completion and 3 National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Professional Development (PD) points (if applicable)
Registration online is highly encouraged, https://sportforlife-sportpourlavie.ca/catalog_classroom_detail.php?courseid=20 although walk in registration welcome! This is cost free and open to all that are 15+ in ages. Participants will all receive a certification via Sport for Life, take away resources and inspiration of how create a value added quality sport program into your school activity leaders, community center, after school or youth programs! Please share and invite all community leaders, coaches or youth mentors to this interactive and fun free opportunity.
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
9:30am – 5:30pm
Pomeroy Sport Centre, 9324 96 Street, Ft. St. John
If you require help registering, or have any questions, please contact Kim Leming. Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle, pen and paper if you like.
Provincial Coordinator, Sport for Life Programs
Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council
P. 250.940.5186 or email@example.com