The ACM is a professional development training tool for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal coaches who coach Aboriginal athletes, as they become certified through the NCCP. The material in the ACM has been developed to meet the following objectives:
– Provide culturally relevant training workshops to Aboriginal coaches and community sport leaders;
– Elevate the capacity of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal coaches to coach Aboriginal athletes;
– Improve the quality of the sport experience for Aboriginal athletes;
– Improve the coach’s understanding of, and ability to apply, Aboriginal culture to sport and to coaching techniques and tactics;
– Allow Aboriginal communities greater accessibility to the NCCP;
– Increase the number of NCCP certified Aboriginal coaches;
– Make the wisdom of Aboriginal culture available to both Aboriginal and mainstream sport.
DATE & TIME:
Monday June 17,2019
9:00am to 5:00pm
Registration is open to coaches, community leaders (aged 16+) who work directly with Indigenous youth, Max 20
Westbank First Nation (Salmon Room)
1920 Quail Lane
West Kelowna BC
Participants are suggested to wear comfortable clothing.
A light lunch will be provided.
Manager, Sport Development & Community Engagement