Soccer Coach Development (Fundamentals) with Stz’uminus First Nation
The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council – Vancouver Island Region – is pleased to present a Soccer Fundamentals (NCCP) Coach Development Clinic hosted in partnership with Stz’uminus First Nation.
Coaches have a profound impact on our children. They are mentors, motivators, and leaders. It’s a great responsibility and Canada’s 2,000,000 coaches embrace it with passion and incredible dedication. It is that dedication that has motivated millions of coaches to get trained in their sport with Canada’s world renowned National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
• How to develop the ABCs of movement: Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed
• Running a practice session that is fun, safe and keeps children actively engaged
• Learn to explain the FUNdamentals of a game in a way that children can understand
• Learn how to communicate to this specific age group.
• You will be provided with effective practice plans that will make preparing for the season easier and will help you make a difference with your team.
What to expect:
• FUNdamentals is a 7 hour interactive workshop led by an expert facilitator with years of experience coaching soccer.
• You’ll spend time in the classroom and on the field practicing drills.
• There are vibrant deliberations regarding parent management and guidance on all safety requirements.
Poster: Soccer FUNdamentals STZ Fall2019
DATE & TIME
Thursday, November 21st 2019
9am to 5pm
Registration is open to coaches, community leaders (aged 16+) who work directly with Indigenous youth
1. Go to:
Create an account to recieve your NCCP number (National Coaching Certification Program – Coaching Association of Canada)
2. Go to
Create your profile which includes your NCCP number
3. Register for the course at www.coachcentre.ca using your profile
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15 (5PM)
Stz’uminus Community Centre
3949 Shell Beach Road
Ladysmith BC, V9G 1K6
Vancouver Island Regional Coordinator, Sport Development