COVID-19 Response & Updates
Thank you for visiting I·SPARC’s COVID-19 Response. Here you will find news and updates as we build a new way forward and create a plan and provide information that will allow us to safely resume activities for our program participants.
NEW (September 3, 2021) – By order of the PHO, proof of vaccination will be required to access some events, services and businesses. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated.
The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and covers:
- Indoor ticketed concerts, theatre, dance, symphony and sporting events
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants, pubs and bars
- Nightclubs and casinos
- Movie theatres
- Gyms, pools and recreation facilities
- Does not include youth recreational sport
- Indoor high intensity group exercise
- Indoor organized gatherings like weddings, parties, conferences, meetings and workshops
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery and art
- Does not include K to 12 school and before and after school programs
- Post-secondary on-campus student housing.
- Note: Students must be partially vaccinated by September 7
Events, businesses and services will ask to see your proof of vaccination and valid government ID.
Proof of vaccination will not be needed to vote in-person in the September 20 federal election, or in-person at advance polling places.
The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022, subject to extension.
For more information, click here.
The Province of B.C. continues to monitor the data on COVID-19 transmission to plan for an easing of restrictions. For more information visit the links below.
- BC Restart Plan – A Plan to Bring us Together: Click here to read
- Provincial Health Officer: Click here for latest update
- Interior Health news page: Click here to review
- Northern Health news page: Click here to review
- viaSport British Columbia Return to Sport: Click here for the latest update
The information in this document is current as of September 3, 2021.
- 2020-06-17 – I·SPARC’S Return to Activity Update
- 2020-03-19 – I·SPARC’s Operational Continuity Plan
- 2020-03-13 – I·SPARC Suspending Programs and Events Due to Health Concerns over COVID-19
Return to Sport/Activity Resources:
To learn more about viaSport and the Return to Sport Chart – viaSport’s Return to Sport Chart
To learn more about Recreation and Parks Sector Updates – BCRPA COVID-19 Updates