COVID-19 Response & Updates
Thank you for visiting I·SPARC’s COVID-19 Response. Here you will find news and updates as we build a new way forward and create a plan and provide information that will allow us to safely resume activities for our program participants.
I·SPARC’s Return to Activity Guidelines
I·SPARC has compiled these guidelines based on recommendations published by provincial and municipal Health Authorities as well as provincial sport and recreation organizations.
They are the currently understood best practices at time of publication and were approved by I·SPARC’s Board of Directors.
It is the responsibility of all participants to assess their own risks and the safety/preparedness of facilities when considering returning to activity.
I·SPARC will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will adapt this plan as required by consulting public health authorities and medical experts. All future updates will be posted on I·SPARC’s website at https://isparc.ca/return-to-activity-guidelines-for-b-c/.
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), the BC Restart Plan for a return to normal from the COVID-19 pandemic was announced on May 25.
NEW (June 15, 2021) – B.C.’s Restart is the Province’s step-by-step plan to bring us back together. All sport activities in B.C. must follow B.C.’s Restart plan. As of June 15, 2021 we are in Step 2 of the Restart Plan. This includes changes to event rules, travel restrictions, inside and outside sports, high intensity group exercise and more. For the latest information on sport please click here.
The Province of B.C. continues to monitor the data on COVID-19 transmission to plan for an easing of restrictions. For more information visit the links below.
- BC Restart Plan – A Plan to Bring us to Bring us Together: Click here to read
- I·SPARC Return to Activity Guidelines: Click here to read the latest update
- Provincial Health Officer: Click here for latest update
- Provincial Health Officer: Guidelines for Low Intensity Exercise Classes
- viaSport British Columbia return to sport guidelines: Click here for the latest update
The information in this document is current as of June 15, 2021.
- 2020-06-17 – I·SPARC’S Return to Activity Update
- 2020-03-19 – I·SPARC’s Operational Continuity Plan
- 2020-03-13 – I·SPARC Suspending Programs and Events Due to Health Concerns over COVID-19
Return to Sport/Activity Resources:
To learn more about viaSport and the Return to Sport Guidelines – viaSport’s Return to Sport Guidelines
To learn more about Recreation and Parks Sector Guidelines for restarting operations – BCRPA COVID-19 Guidelines
Read the news release – Province takes action to support return to sport