Honour Your Health Challenge
The Honour Your Health Challenge (HYHC) is an 8-week community-based program that encourages innovation and needs-based approaches to promoting healthy, active lifestyles in First Nations, Métis Chartered Communities, and Friendship Centres throughout the province. Some examples of HYHC programs include weekly hiking groups, jigging, cooking classes, traditional harvesting, tobacco awareness programs, pregnancy support groups and many more!
As part of the Healthy Living Leader Training Sessions, ISPARC delivers a series of workshops to prepare HYHC Leaders for their role in planning and delivering their own 8-week community-based project. Community projects will promote healthy life choices in the areas of increased physical activity, healthy eating, respecting tobacco, and healthy pregnancies.
Some examples of HYHC projects include:
- Community “top chef” challenges
- Creating community gardens
- Weekly fitness classes
- Weekly hike programs
- Traditional cooking classes
- Step challenges
2022 Healthy Living Leader Training Dates Coming Soon
- Click on the link above
- If you attended our leader training last year, please use your username and password
- There is an option to reset your password if needed, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your username or password
- If you are new to this system, please create an account
- Once logged in you can choose either the Indigenous RunWalk or Honour Your Health Challenge program for leader training