Indigenous RunWalk Program
The Indigenous RunWalk Program (IRW) is designed to help participants gradually build fitness levels and increase their stamina in preparation for a 5 or 10K running or walking event. The IRW program has successfully been delivered since 2007 with over 800 leaders trained, reaching over 15,000 participants across the province.
All participants will receive:
- RunWalk training program brochure and training logbook
- Access to HealthBeat – a pre/post health screening program – which will be offered in selected communities
- Weekly training tips emailed directly to your inbox
- Access to online educational sessions
- Grants and Financial Support
Trained IRW leaders (those who completed a two-day training session) apply for a grant to assist with developing and hosting their community RunWalk program, which can include the cost of organizing a National Indigenous Peoples Day 10K event.
2022 Healthy Living Leader Training Dates Coming Soon
- Click on the link above
- If you attended our leader training last year, please use your username and password
- There is an option to reset your password if needed, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your username or password
- If you are new to this system, please create an account
- Once logged in you can choose either the Indigenous RunWalk or Honour Your Health Challenge program for leader training