The Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) is pleased to announce that the intake for the 2023 Aboriginal Apprentice Coach Program is now open.
If you are interested in expanding your coaching resume and working towards a mentorship role at the 2023 Canada Winter Games, please fill out the form here: https://forms.office.com/r/SM2Gwtkn79
- Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant status
- Indigenous ancestry as defined by the ASC: Anyone First Nation (status or non-status), Métis or Inuit ancestry
- December 2, 2021: 2023 Public Interest Form Opens
- January 13, 2022: Public Interest Form Closes
- February 10, 2022: Full Application Due Date
- March 17, 2022: Coaches Selected
Apprentice Coach Role
Apprentice coaches attend the Canada Games to provide them with a multisport experience and the opportunity to observe and learn from their mentor coaches. The apprentice coach should have a specific and meaningful role within the team. The apprentice coach will be provided with an accreditation at the Games. This accreditation will provide the coach the same access as the other coaches. Due to the technical regulations of certain sports, apprentice coaches may not have access to the competition area in all sports.
For more information, please visit aboriginalsportcircle.ca or contact your Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sports Bodies (PTASB).
View the English version of the 2023 Canada Games Aboriginal Apprentice Coach Program Guidelines here.
View the French version of the 2023 Canada Games Aboriginal Apprentice Coach Program Guidelines here.