Online FitNation Leader Training
April 13 – 15, 2021
Hosted ONLINE via Zoom!
Live-streamed from Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ territories
The FitNation program is in high-demand for communities, designed for community champions looking to enhance their peoples’ well-being with a fun and safe physical activity program designed for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere.
If you have a passion for keeping your community moving, then we encourage you to apply for FitNation! FitNation Leader Training equips leaders with the skills and resources to design and deliver a physical activity program for all ages and abilities – from youth to elders!
The FitNation Leader Training Agenda includes:
- Instruction in over 100 exercises and modifications, adaptable for introductory, intermediate, and advanced fitness levels
- The Holistic Wellness Model
- Tips for delivering programs during COVID-19
- How to design an online program for virtual delivery
All trained leaders are required to deliver an 8-week FitNation program for their community between April – July 2021.
Opportunities in Becoming a FitNation Leader:
- $500 grant to support your community FitNation program
- Opportunities to lead FitNation sessions at conferences, health fairs and other special events
- Continued training and education opportunities (i.e. BCRPA continuing education credits, fitness and health related webinars, mentorship opportunities, FitNation 2.0)
Deadline to apply February 26th, 2021 at 4:00pm (PST)
|New to Our Application Form?
For more information please contact:
Provincial Coordinator, Physical Activity, Training and Development