Online FitNation Leader Training
April 13 – 15, 2021
Hosted ONLINE via Zoom!
Live-streamed from Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ territories
The FitNation program is in high-demand for communities, designed for community champions looking to enhance their peoples’ well-being with a fun and safe physical activity program designed for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere.
If you have a passion for keeping your community moving, then we encourage you to apply for FitNation! FitNation Leader Training equips leaders with the skills and resources to design and deliver a physical activity program for all ages and abilities – from youth to elders!
The FitNation Leader Training Agenda includes:
- Instruction in over 100 exercises and modifications, adaptable for introductory, intermediate, and advanced fitness levels
- The Holistic Wellness Model
- Tips for delivering programs during COVID-19
- How to design an online program for virtual delivery
All trained leaders are required to deliver an 8-week FitNation program for their community between April – July 2021.
Opportunities in Becoming a FitNation Leader:
- $500 grant to support your community FitNation program
- Opportunities to lead FitNation sessions at conferences, health fairs and other special events
- Continued training and education opportunities (i.e. BCRPA continuing education credits, fitness and health related webinars, mentorship opportunities, FitNation 2.0)
Next application intake scheduled for Fall 2021
For more information please contact:
Provincial Coordinator, Physical Activity, Training and Development