FitNation Leader Training
December 7 – 9, 2021
Hosted Online via ZOOM
Live-streamed from Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ territories
Application Deadline Extended to October 27th, 2021
Join the ever-growing network of FitNation leaders delivering programs across BC! This Winter, 12 new applicants (2 per region) will participate in 3 days of experiential learning, mastering the dynamic movements of FitNation, led by Master Facilitators!
The FitNation program is in high-demand for communities, designed for community champions looking to enhance their peoples’ well-being with a fun and safe physical activity program designed for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere.
If you have a passion for keeping your community moving, then we encourage you to apply for FitNation! FitNation Leader Training equips leaders with the skills and resources to design and deliver a physical activity program for all ages and abilities – from youth to elders!
The FitNation Leader Training Agenda includes:
- Instruction in over 100 exercises and modifications, adaptable for introductory, intermediate, and advanced fitness levels.
- Exercise options for those with preference to the use of wall and/or seated chair movements.
- Brand New Teachings for Wheelchair Exercises!
- The Holistic Wellness Model, and much more!
All trained leaders are required to deliver an 8-week FitNation program for their community between January – June 2022.
Opportunities in Becoming a FitNation Leader:
- $500 grant to support your community FitNation program
- Opportunities to lead FitNation sessions at conferences, health fairs and other special events
- Continued training and education opportunities (i.e. BCRPA continuing education credits, fitness and health-related webinars, mentorship opportunities, FitNation 2.0).
For more information please contact:
Provincial Coordinator, Physical Activity, Training and Development