Proudly sponsored by Island Savings; The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (ISPARC) is pleased to partner up with the Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence (PISE) to announce the Fueling Youth Performance Athlete Training Program for Indigenous Youth ages 13-17.
ISPARC and PISE will be working together to identify 15 athletes who have demonstrated the drive, skill and determination in their chosen sport to participate in a specialized Strength and Conditioning program with PISE’s Performance Training Coaches. This program is designed to help the athletes take their performance to the next level and support them on the proper pathway to develop athletically and enhance their skills to reach their goals in sport excellence.
The Strength and Conditioning program focuses on improving performance and injury prevention. Sessions will include:
- Testing to assess performance measures pre, mid and post program
- Weight training with a focus on proper technique
- Agility training to increase the ability to explosively start, decelerate, change direction and accelerate again while maintaining control
- Fundamental movement skills and motor pattern development
- Mobility work.
The program will take place on Thursday nights from 7:00 – 8:00 PM from January 11th, 2018 for 3 months at the PISE facility on 4371 Interurban Road, Victoria BC.
How to apply:
- Athlete must submit a letter of support from their coach or teacher
- Athlete must submit a completed application form before the deadline
- Application form: Fueling Youth Performance_application
Please submit your application to Stacey Lund at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to the 1st floor Welcome Desk at PISE, 4371 Interurban Rd. with Attention: Stacey Lund. Cut off for applications is December 11th, 2017 at noon. Complete applications will be provided to the selection committee who will determine the recipients and notify them by December 22nd, 2017.