Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities
The Government of Canada announced investments to expand the use of sport and physical activity programming as a means to improve social development in Indigenous communities. The new Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities program component will be delivered via two streams.
Stream Two of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (SSDIC) component funds Indigenous governments, Indigenous communities and other not-for-profit Indigenous and non-Indigenous delivery organizations to deliver sport for social development projects in Indigenous communities in Canada.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be an Indigenous government, Indigenous community or other not-for-profit Indigenous or non‑Indigenous delivery organization collaborating with an Indigenous organization(s);
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable;
- be undertaking projects in/for Indigenous communities that create opportunities to participate in sport and target one or more of the identified social development outcomes; and
- have a letter of support from the leadership of the beneficiary Indigenous community.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety; and
- contact the Sport Support Program to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
We encourage you to submit your application package by email. Should you prefer another means, please do so using only one (by mail or in person).
Department of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program — Sport Canada
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
Telephone 819-97-0055 1-866-11-0055 (toll-free)
TTY 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)