The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Council’s (I·SPARC)
Operational Continuity Plan
As we continue to monitor and respond to the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, we want to provide an update on how we are managing our operations. We recently announced that I·SPARC’s program activities and events have been suspended indefinitely, but our operations have continued with the following modifications:
I·SPARC’s Operational Continuity Plan
- As of March 12, 2020, we have implemented a work-from-home protocol for staff.
- All staff are equipped to continue their daily functions remotely. In order to accommodate additional priorities at home, some work hours have been adjusted.
- In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are replacing in-person meetings with phone or video conferencing.
- We will maintain processing payments by cheque, as per our usual operating policy. If this is of concern, please let us know.
- Senior Leadership is meeting regularly to assess the situation and update the Operational Continuity Plan as needed.
- We are fully equipped to keep the lines of communication open. You can reach us by email or by leaving a message on our business phone lines.
- Staff will share their mobile numbers as needed.
- Most staff are equipped to participate in video conferencing and can arrange meetings virtually.
Upcoming Initiatives and Key Decisions
- Our program activities and events have been suspended indefinitely.
- While this includes Team BC in-person selection processes for the 2020 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG), the NAIG has not yet been cancelled. On March 27, the NAIG Council will convene a teleconference to discuss next steps and we will provide updates regarding their decision.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and assess how it may impact our upcoming programs beyond April 30, 2020.
- By April 15, we will have a plan in place to address any potential changes to our upcoming program activities due to the evolving situation.
More than ever, we need to focus on our personal well-being. We all need to have a positive outlook, stay active in order to keep our energy levels high and our immune systems strong. We encourage everyone to stay as active as you can throughout the day and we will continue to provide tips and innovative ideas on how to maintain an active lifestyle. We value our participants, communities, and partners, and appreciate your patience as we do our part to support all of the unprecedented steps taking place to slow the spread of COVID-19.
I·SPARC Executive Director