DEADLINE EXTENDED – Friday, October 29, 2021 @ 11:59 pm
I·SPARC is seeking volunteers to serve on its PROVINCIAL SPORT COMMITTEES.
The Provincial Sport Committees help guide and oversee the planning and delivery of the annual series of BC Indigenous Provincial Championships or Athlete Development Camps as well as the athlete and coach selection processes in preparation for BC’s participation in either the North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) or the National Aboriginal Hockey Championships (NAHC).
There is a Provincial Committee for each of the following sports:
- NAIG – archery, athletics (track & field, cross-country), badminton, basketball, canoe-kayak, golf, lacrosse, rifle shooting, soccer, softball, swimming, volleyball, wrestling
- NAHC – ice hockey
The NEW DEADLINE TO APPLY is midnight, Friday, October 29, 2021.
Committee members generally fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- Relevant sport technical knowledge/background;
- Experience in competitive sport; either as an athlete, coach, official and/or working and/or volunteering in the sport delivery system (e.g. coaching, officiating, coordinating/administering programs, etc.);
- Experience in Indigenous sport development (e.g. the NAIG or NAHC, or other Indigenous community and competitive sport).
Committee membership to include, but not limited to:
- Volunteer sport leaders from across the province
- Representatives from respective Provincial Sport Organization
- Regional representation from among the 6 provincial regions will be sought for sports with mass participation (e.g. soccer, basketball)
- I·SPARC staff
To apply, view our application form here: https://isparcbc.wufoo.com/forms/provincial-sport-committees-application/.
Read our Committee Terms of Reference here: https://mcusercontent.com/7555c1e26f5cd67dd498df936/files/9d19c64d-33eb-39f9-b892-dc24d2044ea8/Terms_of_Reference.pdf.
Questions? Please send an email to:
Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport