I·SPARC is seeking a candidate to fill the following full-time staff vacancy: Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport.
The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (I·SPARC) is a provincial organization established for the purpose of improving the health outcomes of Indigenous people by supporting and encouraging physically active individuals, families, and communities. The programs and services delivered by I·SPARC are designed to build capacity and increase access to sport, recreation, and physical activity in First Nations, Aboriginal Friendship Centres, Métis Chartered Communities, schools, and other delivery agencies throughout British Columbia.
I·SPARC is seeking a candidate to fill the following full-time staff vacancy: Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport. Reporting to the Director of Sport, the primary role of the Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport is to oversee I·SPARC’s youth-based competitive sport programs, inclusive of Provincial Championships, Athlete Development Camps, and all related Team BC initiatives. The Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport will coordinate and facilitate the decision-making processes of the organization’s Provincial Sport Committees and establish collaborative partnerships with First Nations, Friendship Centres, Métis Chartered Communities, and Provincial Sport/Multi-Sport Organizations to assist in the design, delivery, and evaluation of these programs. The ideal candidate will possess an extensive background in the area of sport and project management.
Competencies and Requirements
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline
- Applied knowledge of Indigenous community issues in BC
- Extensive work experience in the area of competitive, performance-based sport
- Experience in event coordinating and project management
- Strong verbal and written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with proficiency in MS Office apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Available to travel to support the design and implementation of programs throughout the province, requiring a flexible work schedule, access to vehicle and a valid driver’s license)
- Successful completion of criminal record and vulnerable sector checks
Term: Full-time employment contingent on annual funding
Salary: $54,000 – $60,000 annually (based on a 35 hour work week) which includes a comprehensive health benefit package
Location: Office space will be established in a British Columbia location central to the successful candidate.
To Apply: Please forward a cover letter, resume and three references no later than midnight, Thursday, June 24, 2021 via the online application form: https://isparcbc.wufoo.com/forms/employment-provl-coordinator-performance-sport/. Cover letter to the attention of Lara Mussell Savage, Director, Sport. All applications are appreciated, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous ancestry.