The Equipment Grant Program is intended to reduce barriers and increase participation for groups of Indigenous people. Here is a list of equipment that has been approved in the past (these are examples, not an exhaustive list).
- Volleyball & Basketball equipment
- Soccer, Tetherball equipment
- Hockey, Lacrosse and Floor Hockey equipment
- Baseball/Softball and Badminton equipment
- Child and youth-oriented physical activity equipment ( beanbag toss, hula hoops etc).
- Skis and Snowshoes
- Canoes and Kayaks
- Yoga Mats, resistance bands and blocks
- Archery and Curling equipment
- Nordic Walking Poles and Jump Ropes
- Steeplecourse, Ultimate Discs, Disc Golf equipment, Golf clubs
Please note that providing a good description of how your equipment will be used, who will use it, and if there are qualified coaches, instructors or supervisors involved will increase the ranking of your application.
Here is a list of equipment that has NOT been approved previously:
- Jerseys, pinnies, running shoes
- Items for individual athletes ( Search external grant opportunities for which individual athletes may be eligible HERE)
- Fishing equipment
- Rodeo equipment
- Contact sport equipment (football, boxing, etc.)
- Projectors, fitness trackers, electronic scoreboards and other devices
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions around eligibility. **Please note that this email account is monitored intermittently so your patience with timeliness in response is appreciated. For immediate assistance, please contact your Regional Coordinator.