Proudly sponsored by Local Rental Solutions
The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (ISPARC) is pleased to partner with Engage Sport North to announce the Indigenous Youth Performance Program this Athlete Training Program is for Indigenous Youth ages 13-18. Athletes who have demonstrated the drive, skill and determination in their chosen sport will be selected to participate in a specialized Strength and Conditioning program with Engage Sport North Performance Coaches. This program is designed to help the athletes take their performance to the next level and support them on the proper pathway to develop athletically and enhance their skills to reach there goals in sport excellence.
The Strength and Conditioning program focuses on improving performance and injury prevention. Session will include:
- Testing to assess performance measures pre, mid and post program
- Resistance training with a focus on proper technique
- Agility training to increase the ability to explosively start, decelerate, change direction and accelerate again while maintaining control.
- Fundamental movement skills and motor pattern development
- Mobility work
Training Program will take place on Fridays from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm throughout and April and May in Prince George, BC.
- Athlete must submit a letter of support from their coach or teacher
- Athlete must submit a completed application form before the deadline
- Upon completion of the training program athletes will have an opportunity to partake in a recognition reception hosted by the sponsors.
Please submit your application to:
Mandi Graham at email@example.com.
For questions please feel free to call (250) 981-4978.
Cut off for applications is March 7, 2018.
Complete applications will be presented to a selection committee who will determine the recipients. Successful applicants will be notified by March 12, 2018.
Cost: FREE!!! Thank you to the event Sponsor and with the support of the Province of BC the fee to participate in this program is FREE.
Thank you for your interest in this program we are looking forward to building an Indigenous Youth Performance Program for Northern BC athletes.
Press Release: Indigenous Youth Athlete Program
Application Form: Indigenous Youth Athlete Program Application Form