Deadline to apply: Friday, March 9, 2018 for the Assistant Coach, Manager, or Trainer positions.
Call out for Team Managers, Team Trainers and Assistant Coach – Male Team
February 16, 2018 – The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Council (I∙SPARC) is pleased to announce its Coaching Staff for the 2018 National Aboriginal Hockey Championships. The 2018 NAHC will be hosted in Membertou, Nova Scotia from May 6 – 12, 2018.
ISPARC and its Provincial Hockey Committee are pleased to announce the following members for the Team BC Coaching Staff for the 2018 NAHC:
Team BC Male
Head Coach: Dwayne Roloson (Victoria)
Assistant Coach: Shane Gottfriedson (Kamloops)
Assistant Coach: Vacant
Team BC Female
Head Coach: Justin Fillion (Prince George)
Assistant Coach: Jennifer Gilligan (Maple Ridge)
Assistant Coach: Dayle Poulin (Prince George)
Call for Assistant Coach, Male Hockey Team
Applications for the Assistant Coach position for the male team are now being accepted. The successful candidate for this volunteer positions will be selected by the Provincial Indigenous Hockey Committee.
- Only those coaches eligible to be a registered member with BC Hockey or another Hockey Canada Branch are eligible to apply for coach position.
- Assistant coaches must be fully certified at the Coach 1 NCCP Level
- Pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Must be available to attend the three-day Team BC Player Selection Camp to be held in Kamloops from April 6-8, 2018. Must be available to attend the 2018 NAHC in Membertou First Nation, Nova Scotia from May 6-12, 2018; travel dates May 4th and 13th
- To apply, please complete the online application found at: https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/team-bc-2018-nahc-assistant-coach-application/
Call for Team Managers and Team Trainers
Applications for the Team Manager positions and the Team Trainer positions for each team are now being accepted.
- The Team Manager application can be found online at: https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/team-bc-nahc-2018-manager-application/
- The Team Trainer application can be found online at: https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/team-bc-nahc-2018-team-trainer-application/
Deadline to apply: Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm (PST), Friday, March 9, 2018 for the Assistant Coach, Manager and Trainer positions.
Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Council
The overarching mission of the Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Council (I∙SPARC) is to improve the health outcomes of Indigenous people across British Columbia by supporting and encouraging physically active communities and by expanding access to sports and recreation opportunities. I∙SPARC has established six regions across BC inclusive of the Northwest, Northeast, Interior, Fraser, Vancouver Coastal, and Vancouver Island. This structure brings together community sport, recreation, physical activity and health leaders from within each Region to establish committees, set priorities and create annual plans for advancing sport, recreation and physical activity in their area.
For more information contact:
Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport
T: 250-350-3254 E: email@example.com
Press Release: PR_CoachStaffAnnoucement_15Feb2018